Over the past several months, I've tried my hand at several different soaps. Some have turned out better than others. (The supposedly rose-scented soap that turned out to smell of licorice comes to mind, for example.) Today, my little helper and I tried out a new recipe that I'm hoping will be a success. It uses goat milk yogurt (which I always have plenty of) in combination with oils that are less expensive and more readily available than some that I've had to special order in the past. If this recipe turns out to be as luxurious as I hope it will be, it'll be a good one for us to sell.
Notice the gloves and goggles. We play it safe when dealing with lye!
Now comes the hard part -- the 4-week-long wait before we get to test out a bar!