"Are they like ants on a log?" my kids wanted to know. Well, not exactly. So, what is it? This is perhaps the yummiest zucchini recipe yet! And, it spruces up plain-'ole zucchini with the addition of summer-sweet cherry tomatoes! This was also my first opportunity to use the goat milk mozzarella I slaved over for an entire morning last week -- if I do not get quicker and better at making it, I vow never again to complain about the cost of semi-soft/hard cheeses.
1. Cut your zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottoms so that the boats don't rock while in the baking dish.
2. Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon.
3. Brush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Arrange halved cherry tomatoes into the grooves and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
5. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until desired tenderness is reached.
6. Remove from oven and place shredded mozzarella in between the tomatoes. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling.
7. Sprinkle with grated Paremsan and serve!.
Doesn't that look delicious!